Friday, August 29, 2008

Luke Sleeps Over!

For about the past month or so, Luke was asking me every day when he could sleep over with Henry. He was upset because Jack had a turn in June when Kate and Bryan went away and he has not had his turn yet. Well, let's hope the questions stop, because we have finally achieved having Luke sleep over. I don't know who was more excited, Luke or Henry. It appears that Henry would have made a great little brother, as he really seemed to enjoy having Luke around. He even let Kevin and I sit down and eat a meal together, which has not happened since he was born. He sat in his high chair next to Luke and was entertained during the whole meal. Both boys went to bed well, Henry in his crib, Luke in my bed. Luke was upset when he woke up on Henry's floor because as he put it "I was supposed to sleep in the middle of you and Kev!" I fear that he'll want to sleep over again until this is achieved. Both boys woke up at 6 a.m. and were ready to play. Luke seemed to enjoy his time with us and he even offered to live with us since we only have one kid and it's a baby. He offered to be our "big boy kid" since his parents already have two kids. It was tempting but we decided to leave all how it is and he will continue to be our nephew instead of our child, however he is always welcome to sleep over.
And the excitement begins, seriously Henry really liked having Luke here.


Kate, Jack and Cole stopped by for a quick visit and Cole fell in the bucket of cars. Luke was not happy to see them and so they left shortly after they came.


I love this picture because you can tell Henry is trying to get Luke's attention.


And here Henry has managed to get a hold of one of Luke's cars, unfortunately after this picture was taken the car was removed due to sharp edges, sorry Henry.


Here's Luke whipping up a batch of French toast for breakfast.

1 comment:

B said...

I wish I could hold Henry...he is si cute. I can see a lot more of you in him now Amy...in the eyes I think.