Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Tree Fun

We got our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, which is a little sooner than we usually get it, but Kevin had some time off so the timing worked well. We decided to leave Oliver with Grandma and Grandpa while we took Henry to cut our own tree. Naturally he had a great time as he was able to ride in Grandpa's truck and help Dad cut the tree with a saw...what more could a little boy ask for! We have found long needle trees (I'm sure there is a technical name for them, but I don't know it) for a few years now and I absolutely love them! This one is a little bigger in the house than I had thought it would be, but it fits and we love it. Now if we could just figure out a way to keep the ornaments on...I don't even want to imagine how difficult this will be next year once Oliver can move around as well.



Searching for the perfect tree.



We found it! I always manage to get a good picture of Kevin with the kids, notice there is not one of me...one was taken but it was so bad it was not blog worthy...I'll have to work at Kevin's picture taking skills.



Riding in Grandpa's truck with no car seat! I originally planned to go only about 1/2 a mile down the street from Grandma and Grandpa's, but the tree farm was closed so we ended up traveling further than I would have liked with no car seat, but he did well and we made it home safe and sound.


By far Henry's favorite part of the tree is the candy canes! Although most are broken as he would pile them up on the floor during the decorating process.





The finished product!! You can't see much of the tree, but the kids in front of it sure are cute!




Oliver was very cooperative for pictures in front of the tree...Henry not so much, he was good but 2 year old smiles are often goofy and painful looking.


Sweet boys!