Friday, September 24, 2010

Skating

Last week Kevin and I took Henry skating with Kate and Cole. Cole started hockey this year and since his father is unable to skate with him due to a motorcycle accident, Kevin has stepped up to the plate and has agreed to help out on Sunday mornings with Cole so he has a "parent" to help. Since it had been a few years since Kevin has skated and he had to get some new skates he thought he would take advantage of his day off and take Henry skating. And in true Kevin fashion, we just HAD to buy Henry his very own pair of skates, because every two year old needs brand new hockey skates. Oh well, at least Reed and Oliver will wear them as well. So, we spent last Friday afternoon at Amelia Park in Westfield skating. While Kate skated with Cole and Kevin with Henry, I enlisted Bompa to meet us at the rink to help with Oliver and Reed. Oliver was great, Reed not so much, but in his defense it was nap time. All the skaters looked great and while Henry never left the walker, I was very impressed that he did not complain or get discouraged at all. He stayed on the ice for the whole 50 minutes. He can't wait to play hockey like his cousins and keeps telling me he wants to be a Bruin, he makes his dad proud!










This pretty much sums up my time with Reed, he's having a fit and I finally put him down so I could get some pictures and video of the kids skating, he recovered nicely and Bompa and I took he and Oliver for a walk in the gardens.

1 comment:

Grammy and Papa said...

They are too cute! Poor Reed he just wants to be a big kid