Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oliver is One Month!!

Oliver is officially one month old! I can't believe how quickly time is going, it feels like I just came home from the hospital with him. He continues to be a great baby and we love that he is in our family. He had his one month check up with the doctor yesterday and he is perfectly healthy. I can't remember exactly how long he was, I believe he was 21 1/2 inches, but I know he was in the 50th percentile for height and in the 70th for weight (10 lbs. 10 oz.). Henry never reached those kind of numbers until he turned 2! I wish I could report that he is sleeping through the night, but that is not true at all! Oliver continues to grunt often and loudly, keeping Kevin up at night, I'm am so dead tired that nothing can keep me up anymore! I talked to the doctor about this because I have never heard a baby grunt so much and I was certain there was nothing wrong with him. Nope! It's just his personality, or as we joke, his "attitude!" I hope this is no indication of what the future holds as I already have one stubborn child and could really use an easy going one! I have had every intention of putting Oliver in his own room this week (mostly because of the grunting) and even got Kevin to move up his crib mattress, but now that we are having another heat wave and we are all out of air conditioners I feel bad putting him in a hot room. He has taken some naps in his crib and appears to like it, although he would prefer to be held, and I would love to have the time to sit and hold him, but that doesn't often happen around here. Here are some pictures of our BIG one month old! (and his big brother!)

















1 comment:

Kate Castor said...

Love love love the one of Oliver with the sign in his feet!!