Monday, May 31, 2010

Henry's New Room

In preparation for the new baby we have had to move some bedrooms around. Kevin and I moved to the guest room since it is directly at the top of the stairs and was already painted a lovely shade of green, Henry moved to our old room after we recreated it to look like a little boy's room, and the baby will have Henry's old room so we don't have to do anything to it! After much discussion and debate we decided to decorate Henry's room with a "tool theme" complete with Craftsman tool boxes for his dressers. This is definitely Kevin's dream room, but Henry seems pretty happy as well. We also painted our old guest bed, which belonged to my grandmother, my mother, myself and now Henry. Of course we had to alter it slightly so it looks like it belongs in a little boys room. Henry has been in his "big boy bed" for about a week now and so far, so good. The first few nights he did not even get out of bed in the morning, but would call for me to come get him. That was short lived, on about morning three or four I hear our bedroom door open and there's Henry saying "good morning mom!" For the most part he stays in the bed when he is put in there, aside from one difficult nap session, but after some persistency on my part there have not been any further challenges. I actually think he is sleeping better than he had been in his crib. Here are some pictures of our "big boy!"




Kevin bought a bunch of cool metal signs to hang on the wall, these are Henry's favorites.












My sleeping "big boy"


5 comments:

Kate Castor said...

He looks so big in his new bed!!

nina rice said...

LOVE the dressers! What a great idea and something he'll REALLY be able to use some day... or will daddy take 'em back?

Amy Klvana said...

Haha Nina, I wonder the same thing. The plan is they will FOREVER belong to Henry, but as his father collects more tools, I'm not sure how realistic this is! But for now, they are great! And were surprisingly cheaper than buying a "real" dresser.

Grammy and Papa said...

The room looks great. Maybe Henry will let Daddy have an overnight! Bed looks great. What a big boy Henry

Sarah said...

Mike liked the dresser, I think he's jealous.