Saturday, July 3, 2010

Long Weekend Day One...Lupazoo!

I am lucky enough to have a four day weekend for the holiday and so I planned a lot of fun things to do with Henry. I want to do as many fun summer things with him now that I can before I have the baby, so we started Friday. Friday, Henry and I went to the Lupazoo which is in Ludlow, MA, about 2 minutes from Kevin's job. So, it was the perfect opportunity to also have lunch with Kevin and for Henry to check out all of the machines at Kev's work. (I really wish I brought my camera into Kevin's work because he was definitely rocking some ear plugs and safety goggles and "working" the machines...oh well, use your imagination, he was cute!) Anyway, the zoo was great and Henry was a trooper despite being a little under the weather, he walked the whole zoo, except the end when I had to carry him (really thought that would put me into labor, no such luck!) He really enjoyed the animals and was mighty upset when he would talk to the animals and they would not respond.


Checking out the monkeys.

My little "girl."

This was by far the favorite of the trip, a baby deer. The deer was following Henry up and down the fence and trying to smell him. When I told Henry the deer was smelling him, he in turn "smelled" the deer.


There was also a little playground, that we of course had to test out.

There were also many statues of animals that he wanted to "ride."



Of course we couldn't leave without riding the "trolley" that went around in a circle. He waved to all his fans the whole time. I think this was a nice break for his tired legs.





My Pumpkin Head...I love this kid! We had a great time, stay tuned for our fun activities from the rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

Grammy and Papa said...

We love that kid too! So cute